Mariacristina Crosti, email@example.com
The Facility provides access to flow cytometry for biomedical research. The provided services cover all the main needs of basic and advanced research in flow cytometry and cell sorting.
The major objectives of the facility are:
- Set up, maintain and develop flow cytometry and cell sorting technology for basic and advanced research.
- Provide cell sorting for INGM researchers and external collaborators.
- Directly provide sample acquisition and analysis in specific applications for INGM researchers and external collaborators.
- Provide on-site training and assistance to prepare biomedical researchers to the use of optical instrumentation and to introduce to advanced flow cytometry applications.
- Perform independent and collaborative research for the development of advanced flow cytometry protocols.
- Perform collaborative research with INGM groups where higly specific flow cytometry an cell biology competences are required.
Activities and Expertise
Our facility is equipped with two BD FACSCanto II analyzers, a BD FACSAria I cell sorter located in a BL3 room and dedicated to infected samples and a BD FACSaria III sorter dedicated to samples from healthy donors or patients suffering from non-infectious diseases (inflamatory diseases, autoimmune diseases, cancer ecc.).
Our area of expertise covers:
- Immuno-phenotyping and cell sorting of all immune cell subsets.
- Immuno-phenotyping of hematopoietic stem cell subsets.
- Immuno-phenotyping of mesenchymal stem cell.
- Cell sorting of viable cytokine producing cells.
- Multi-color intracellular staining.
- DNA content analysys (single color or multi-color).
- Cell proliferation analisys.
- General cell sorting approaches for cell lines and transfected cells.