This document describes the manner by which the site www.ingm.org (“Site”) is managed, with reference to the processing of personal data belonging to the users (“User/Users”) consulting it.
It is an information notice issued in accordance with article 13 of the EU Regulation no. 679/2016 (“GDPR”), for anyone who visits the Site and/or communicate with Fondazione Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare – INGM (“Foundation”).
This information notice is provided only for the Site and not for any other websites viewed by users through the links.
- The data controller
The data controller is with Fondazione Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare – INGM, with registered office in Milano, Via Francesco Sforza, 28, Fiscal Code and Vat Number 04175700964 e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org (“Data Controller”).
- Types of data processed
2.1 Browsing data
During normal use, the electronic systems and software procedures enabling this Site to operate, acquire certain personal data; transmission of same is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols.
This information is not being collected in order to be associated to well-identified data subjects, but its nature, by means of processing and associations with data held by third parties, could make the users identification possible.
The category of data could be listed as follow: (i) IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users connecting to the Site, (ii) addresses in URI (uniform resource identifier) notation for resources requested, (iii) the time of request, (iv) the method used to submit the request to the server, (v) the dimension of the file obtained in response, (vi) the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (success, error etc) and (vii) other parameters regarding the user’s operating system and the IT environment.
This data is used only to glean anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site and to check that it operates correctly and this data is deleted immediately after processing.
2.3 Data provided by users of their own free will and/or communicated by third parties
- a) the Data Controller will process the information that User may spontaneously provide by sending an email message to the address indicated on the Site. Such information are processed by the Data Controller only for the purposes set up under paragraph 3;
- b) the filling of the payment form provided by PayPal (Europe) S.àr.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (“PayPal”) in the “Donations” section of the Site involves the communication of your data related to the transaction and any other information contained into the accompanying message of the payment by PayPal (Europe) S.àr.l. et Cie, S.C.A. to the Data Controller in order to make the transaction possible;
- c) the selection of the button “Condividi il tuo indirizzo con FONDAZIONE ISTITUTO NAZIONALE DI GENETICA MOLECOLARE – INGM” at the time of filling in the payment form made available by PayPal in the section “Donations” involves, with the consent of the data subject, the communication by PayPal to the Data Controller of the following data: address, zip code, city, province.
- Purposes and lawfulness of data processing
The personal data of the Users are processed by the Data Controller in order to:
- pursue, in accordance with article 6(1) let. f) of GDPR, an its own legitimate interests consisting in ensuring network and information security, i.e. the ability of a network or an information system to resist, at a given level of confidence, accidental events or unlawful or malicious actions that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal data, and the security of the related services offered by, or accessible via, those networks and systems;
- allow the User to ask for information on the services promoted by the Data Controller on the Site and to send it, pursuant to article 6(1) let. b) of GDPR, the feedback and/or estimate of fee required;
- to fulfil the administrative obligations arising from the payment made in support of the Foundation in accordance with Art. 6.1(b) of the GDPR and to send the donation certificate upon request.
- Consequences of any refusal to respond
The provision of data for the purposes referred to in the previous paragraph is optional.
Any refusal, however, would make impossible for the User to communicate with the Data Controller and/or make donations to the Foundation through the Site, as well as for the Foundation to provide a response to Users’ requests, receive donations, and guarantee the security of the Site and the information exchanged on it.
- Manner of data processing
The personal data is processed through computerized, automated manual systems.
The personal data, moreover, is processed only by those subject appointed to carry out such fulfilments, currently identified and duly educated on the constraints provided by the applicable law, as well as by adopting specific security measures aimed to ensure the protection of Your confidentiality and to avoid the loss of data, any unauthorized accesses to the data and any data processing which may be qualified as unlawful or not in compliance with the abovementioned purposes.
- Communication of personal data
The personal data collected by the Data Controller through the Site will not be distributed, sold or transferred to third parties, save for those eventualities contemplated by law.
In any case, it remains understood that the Data Controller retains the right to communicate the Users personal data to the companies in charge for carrying out specific services within its activity and/or, in general, in its favor, that will operate as independent data controllers or processors, as well as the right to communicate and/or to distribute the User personal data that, in compliance with the applicable law, the police, the judicial authority, the information and security agencies or other public subjects might ask for purposes related to defense or State security or to preventing, detecting or suppressing crimes.
- Data subject’s rights
As per Articles 15 et seq. of GDPR, the user has the right to receive from the Data Controller information on the existence of the processing of his/her personal data, as well as to access his/her own data, to obtain the rectification, integration, updating, erasure or blocking of the data; each data subject will also has the right to obtain a copy of his/her data, the limitation of the processing and/or, moreover, to oppose against processing, as well as the right to data portability and to bring a complaint with the competent supervisory authorities under the conditions and within the limits given in the art. 13 of GDPR. The User has the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, it is necessary to write to the Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address email@example.com and/or to the Data Controller at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Privacy – exercise of the data subject rights” as object.
- Duration of the processing and retention period
The processing will last only for such period of time that is necessary for achieving the purposes mentioned at the previous paragraph 3. The Data Controller will then store Your personal data only in compliance with the legal obligations provided by the applicable laws, for administrative purposes and/or to claim or to defend an own right in the case in which a litigation or a pre-litigation procedure arise.
*** *** ***